On the first day of my New Media Drivers License class I was overwhelmed and out-of-the-loop, to the say the least. On that day I realized that I wasn’t as up to date on social media as I previously thought. I knew that if I intended to compete against my much younger colleagues I would need to pay close attention this semester and take advantage of the knowledge our instructor, Derek Mehraban was passing along. Now here it is, almost the end of class and I am one presentation away from obtaining my New Media Drivers License. In my presentation I intend to include several social media topics including (but not limited to):
- Google! Google! Google!
- How to set up a WordPress blog and keep it relevant and interesting
- How to establish your presence in the social networking world through Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Search Engine Optimization and social bookmarking on Digg and Del.icio.us
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR
- How to write and submit a FREE press release
And, of course, my presentation will follow the Zen Approach, as outlined by Garr Reynolds in Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery.